Friday, October 16, 2009

Race For The Cure 2009...

I ran in my 3rd Race for the Cure last weekend. Last year, I was sick with a sinus infection but was determined to run anyways. I felt terrible the whole time and especially afterwards. But, this year I ran with Kelly. This was Kelly's first race and I was excited to run with such a dear friend of mine. I felt great this year and felt even better when I finished. It really made me realize that I could be a runner... maybe not long distances but I can do it and feel good when I finish. This race is so special because it focuses on women and breast cancer. I love that I had Craig and the kids to meet us at the finish line... It was a great day!! I am currently looking for another 5k to run and hopefully will at some point work up to an 8k or 10k...








0 comments: