Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 3 - Labadee, Haiti



We docked at Labadee.... Royal Caribbean's private area in Haiti... No we did not see any signs of the earthquake and from what everyone told me it was on the other side of the big mountain. So the cruise lines kept money coming into the country so that was really good!! We decided to rent jet skis in the morning (no pictures of that) and it was so fun. We had a great guide and we were able to ride out in the open sea.. it got a bit rough for me at times (Craig LOVED it) but I was fine and had a great time! After our excursion we walked around the area and shopped a little... Craig got a couple cigars and I got the cutest hand carved owl. The cruise line provided a lunch of hamburgers and all the fixins... IT was GREAT!!! We took a quick dip in the ocean and then rested under the palms... It was WONDERFUL!!! Labadee ended up being my favorite port of call. We went back on board and did the zip line then worked out, dinner and the Comedy Live show. It was a full but really FUN day!!!














a little more shopping!




Believe it or not, this was the ONLY time we were able to get into the Caribbean on the entire trip!










that was a yummy lunch under the bohio... reminded me of my Panama days!

















Zip Line time on board the ship... Craig was so sweet to let me "try" it out first... uhh.. so sweet...









Craig's turn...





He survived!!!



another great dinner!!! (Craig looked at this picture and we both decided he really looks like his dad!!)



a little Caribbean music. I LOVE IT!




We ended the night with some hilarious comedy!! Craig laughed more in that hour than in the last 10 years, I think!!!

0 comments: