Friday, November 21, 2008

I am a National Board Certified Teacher!!!!


For those who knew about this... you know what I am talking about but for those who don't have a clue what that means... let me tell ya! Last year, well actually over a year ago, I started the journey of becoming a national board certified teacher. This is a professional development program for teachers to look at their teaching and meet standards of an excellent educator. It is a time grueling process and alot of hard work. It includes completing a HUGE portfolio complete with 2 videos of my teaching, sample work from students and lots and lots of reflection, analysis and evidence. On top of the portfolio, an assessment center exercise has to be completed which includes 6 prompts from all curriculum areas and in my case dealing with children between the ages 3-8. This was hard for me due to a husband that travels and two small children. I did not have the time on the weekends to devote just to national boards. There were many a night I would just cry and tell Craig "I quit." Sooo... by saying all of this I really do not know how I made it and how I actually passed. I was very insecure about the assessment center but luckily I scored enought to pass! So to my family THANK YOU for all the encouragement and confidence you had in me! To my friends, thank you for telling me I could do it! To all my "Teacher friends", and mentor, Cheryl Thomas, thanks for listening to me complain, reading my work and cheering me on! I am so glad it is OVER!!! Now I can finally relax.... a little!!! :)

3 comments:

The G' Unit said...

Congrat's...the sound of that is brutal..being a teacher in general takes a speacial type of person...and then striving to be the BEST teacher on top of that is comendable! I'm glad we have teachers out there like you! So...you should think about DODDS! ;-)
Trit

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! What a great accomplishment!!

Lori

Me on Metatrophin said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! This is a big deal! I started this but stopped when we found out we were moving to GA. Good job, girl. Enjoy that pay raise!!