Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter


Even though it was 37 degrees outside this morning we managed a couple of pictures amongst the madness and my bad mood. Yes, on Easter I was in a yucky mood. Craig had to work the NCAA tournament and I was off to church by myself. I was just sad that our family would not be together on such a special day. I really did not want to go to church and see all the happy families taking pictures and being together. So... I sat through Sunday School holding back the tears trying to think of a way to entertain the children this afternoon. I sat through church with a scowl on my face and a hardness in my heart... I just did not want to go home and have to fight the kids off the candy etc. at the end of the service, Shae, a girl in my sunday school class who, let me remind you is a stay at home mother of 4 children!!!!, invited the kids and I over for dinner that she is cooking. (I can not remember the last time I cooked!) I was so taken aback and gladly accepted. She said that she had prayed for someone to come along to invite to their house since she is making so much food. Little does she know how much I needed that invitation. I could have sat down and just bawled... BUT I DID NOT!!! hee hee.. God indeed answered a prayer that I did not actually voice but He knew my heart... He knows my needs and provides in such awesome ways!! It is the little things that we often take for granted: an invitation to eat at someones's home, a hug, a smile... So... although we are without Craig, it has turned out to be a pretty ok day... Craig and I are truely blessed... more than we will ever know, I am sure! Here are some pictures of my most precious blessings!!










0 comments: