Monday, June 2, 2008

Summer is Here!!!





Well, today was the start of our Church's VBS!!! I just love this week at church. Every year I just "help" and I try to help with older kids since I don't work with older kids during the school year. This year I am helping Kate Albright teach 4th grade girls. Today was great and they are a sweet, chatty group of girls... I am loving it. Katie also just loves VBS and she learns so much during this week. This is Ben's first year and I think he gets it. He keeps on saying "VBS- church!". He could not wait to put on his VBS shirt that matched mama and katie!!!
This afternoon after VBS and "Rest time" (in which NO BODY fell asleep!!!) We went to Target and bought a slip n slide. I distinctly remember doing the slip in slide when I was a child in the summer... It was so fun. So, I found one and we set it up in the backyard. Katie LOVEd it and slipped and slid for about 45 minutes. Ben observed for a while and then started doing his own version of the slip and slide. He mostly just walked through the water and got wet. It was fun and past the time until I FINALLY got to the gym..first time in like 6 months!! woohoo!!!
Tomorrow we will try the pool... we will see how that works out...



0 comments: