Friday, January 2, 2009

THe Columbia

Craig did a great job picking restaurants for our mini-vacation. I love it when he takes me somewhere he has already been to and tries out everything! On New Year's Eve he made reservations at the Columbia a very historic, Cuban restaurant in Ybor City. He is very aware of my passion for Latin America culture and food and just knew I would love this place, and love it I did!!! We had great seats right up front for their latin dance show which was amazing. For New Year's Even they offered a 5 course dinner and it was sooo much food. I had empanadas for my appetizer... yum!! (I had not had those since Panama days), shrimp and chicken Barcelona for my main dish (WOWIE!!!), some yummy sangria and incredible chocolate cake (which I was only able to eat like 3 bites). I did not mention the plate of little treats at the beginning and the really yummy house salad. You could have rolled us out of the restaurant. I loved it all and it made me want to get on the next plane down south!!! After we ate, we walked around Ybor City (very interesting) and then headed to our 3rd movie in 2 days!!! It was a great New Years Eve!!!



 
 

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: