Sunday, March 22, 2009

Boston Trip Part 2

Ok, now for the second half of my trip.... After our day of sightseeing, Kelly and I headed back to our hotel for some shut eye... We had a great 3 hour nap... (I can not tell you the last time I was able to do that uninterrupted!!) We got up and met Marc so we could head out to have dinner with my other high school friend, Meg... The one I have not seen in 16 years. Now I will be honest with you, I did not know I was old enough to have a friend that I have not seen in 16 YEARS, I mean really!!! We took the T to a tapas restaurant... called Tascas... Now I have traveled a bit but have never been to a tapas, a spanish style place that serves many tiny portions of cuisine. It was FABULOUS... I can not tell you all the different things I tried but it was so great and the sangria was just right!!!! But better than the food was the chance to sit around and gab with 3 of my dear friends... we literally closed the place down... It was the highlight of my trip! Here are a couple of pictures from that night!

Here is a picture of Marc, myself and Meg...

Wednesday:
For our last full day in Boston we had a full day planned... Kelly and I headed out for a little more shopping on Newberry Street and hit Marc Jacobs and H&M... we loaded up!!! Then Marc picked us up and we headed down to the oldest restaurant in America, REALLY!! THE UNION OYSTER HOUSE... When we arrived you could see the history all around us.. the old brick, uneven roads and the the quiet square walls and floors of the place... Now the prices were not of olden times AT ALL but the seafood was incredible. I had crab cakes, my favorite and they were the biggest crab cakes I have ever seen... Here are a few snapshots from that adventure!



Then we were off to Fenway Park and to Cambridge... We found this cute little bar called Bleacher Bar which is UNDER the big green monster (Fenway). So we went in and you could sit right next to the outfield... or third field as Marc who is NOT a baseball fan would say!!! ha ha!!

and as you can tell Fenway is in a real nice part of town... hee hee


Then off to Cambridge and "Hah"vard with all the smarties... It was really overcast by the time we made our way there but still comfortable weather. We went to a cute shop called The Tannery and we scored on 1/2 priced shoes and I got the best black heels for 50.00 and better yet in Mass there is no sales tax on clothes... so it was really just 50.00!!! love it!



On our last day I was still frantically trying to find something to bring home to Katie... I had already bout Ben a Boston Red Sox hat, a CUTE lobster shirt and a stuffed animal. Well I found the perfect something... If you know my Katie she LOVES dogs and desperately wants one of her own... well at the Fairmont they have a dog named...get this... Catie Copley, a lab that lives at the hotel and if you are staying there and need a pet fix you can check out Catie and take her for a walk. I went into the gift shop and they had stuffed animals that were Catie Copley that actually smell like dog shampoo and the book that tells the story of Catie. When I saw this I knew it was perfect... it gets better... I purchased the stuffed animal and book and they lady working at the gift shop said I could get the book signed by the dog... GET OUT!!!!soooo. I went to the conceriege desk ( I know I probably misspelled that word) and asked them about it so they took the book in the back and came out with a paw print signed book for my Katie.... and I also got to get my picture with the real live dog... and yes, Katie adored the book and animal and wants a dog even more now!!! :)

and here is a picture of the outside of the hotel we stayed at... so grand!!

this was taken as we zoomed to the airport...
so, all in all it was a fabulous trip!!! Whew I am tired!!!

0 comments: